Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Casual Pokemon thread!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Troll

Troll

Casual Pokemon thread! Empty
PostSubject: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 am

Catch a shiny?
Beat the Elite four?
Spent 44 hours on a game and only at the 8th gym leader? (Yes, I'm implying something here. Your job is to figure it out.)

Awesome! Post your in game Pokemon adventures here Very Happy.

I'm waiting for my heart gold to come back to me. :c.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

Title : You do that again and I'm knocking you into next week.

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:07 am

Seriously, stop trying to imply that I take too long on Pokemon. I'm doing the extras on the adventure, GAWSH.

...But I caught a Shiny Gastly at the Safari Zone last night.

MY. FIRST. FRICKIN. SHINY.
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Yay.
Back to top Go down
Violet

Violet

Male Posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Ah the extras, like that Kyogre you probably forgot.

Still working on Ray & Latios for Japanese Soul Silver (o wait, I CAN'T work on Ray, just Latios then, it will take a total of 3 encounters...when I feel like it).

Also @Sunyshore in Platinum (my legit run). Team is all Stage 3 pokemon sans Roselia (no moar Shiny Stones, I'll pick up another later).
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Just yesterday, I caught my first Pokerus-infected Pokemon, a Geodude.

Things are definitely going good for me.
Back to top Go down
Violet

Violet

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:35 pm

(on a side note, I've deleted the few completely unnecessary posts in both pokemon topics)

Back on topic, I've gone a bit slowly and reached Victory Road/Cave in Platinum. I caught an Adamant Steelix with Curse and Iron Tail...not bad (needs EQ). It shall replace my Togekiss (since I already have Staraptor and Togekiss has Hustle, not Serene Grace, needless to say no Air Slash either).
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Violet, with plat you can solo the game with starter+Star+azelf and beat it in less then 15 hours o3o.

(Hurr,I hate how we can't use irl names).
Back to top Go down
Violet

Violet

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:32 am

Troll wrote:
Violet, with plat you can solo the game with starter+Star+azelf and beat it in less then 15 hours o3o.

(Hurr,I hate how we can't use irl names).

Keep in mind I didn't choose Chimchar, which is the preferred speeding Starter (everything is a cake-walk after Gym 1).

No instead I chose Piplup and I rely mostly on all of my other pokemon instead (I also refuse to use the legendaries since I plan to RNG abuse them later, but that's more of a competitive thing).

Water starter is pointless since there are at least 90 other water pokemon out there. Staraptor does well however.

Team:

Gengar/Bidoof, Togekiss/Steelix, Roselia, Luxray, Empoleon, Staraptor. ("/"s are obviously switch outs whenever I need to use a HM Slave, it's a shame I don't have EQ, although I'm not complaining with Curse and Rock Polish, will probably remove Rock Polish with EQ).

Side Note: Under trick room, wouldn't curse be like raising attack, defense, AND speed? Just a thought (although it wastes a turn you should be sweeping with, TR doesn't last forever after all)
Back to top Go down
LinkZero

LinkZero

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:01 pm

I have caught 2 shinies in my life. unfortuanately, they are rhydon and claydol, bothe from victory road, and both pokemon i dont use... Sad
Back to top Go down
Violet

Violet

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Just checked the IVs of my team (sadly only the competitive people will understand this, but...it's the team I use in-game, thus it still belongs in casual play)

Gengar, has a whooping Spc. Atk IV of...FIVE (speed is 24 so it's usable in-game...somewhat)
Empoleon has amazing Atk and Spc Atk with IVs of TWO and SEVEN respectively
Togekiss is fine, (Spc. Atk IV of 24, speed of 16) Too bad it doesn't know Air Slash, nor have Serene Grace.
The Roselia I use for special attacks uses it's massive Spc. Atk IV of TWO to out-speed any opponent with it's speed IV of ZERO.
While Luxray truly is faster with a speed IV of 30 (near perfect), it shreds opponents to bits with it's Atk IV of ZERO (to taunt me further, it's Spc. Atk IV is 31)
Staraptor is better off than Luxray, speed is 29, as it Brave Birds with it's Atk IV of...

...wait for it
Spoiler:

(To those who can not read internet emotion: I am being VERY sarcastic when I say these IVs are awesome. There is an equal chance to get any value between 0-31 for an IV in any stat, I seem to gotten low end on the wheel of fortune for almost everything I use WHERE IT COUNTS. I don't mention the other IVs like HP and Def since those are mostly unimportant. Although I can assure you, they are also somewhere between 0-10.)

I also caught the pre-evolution of the pokemon that everyone-and-there-mom had back in the day during competitive play. (That is to say, I caught a Gabite, here are its IVs!: HP-8, Atk-6, Def-10, Spc Atk-10, Spc Def-7, Speed-7. NOTHING OVER 10, DO YOU KNOW THE CHANCES OF BEING SO UNLUCKY? (if not, cube 11/32. Then square that number, multiply by 100 to get your percent. Actually I'll just tell you, it's ~0.17%)
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Wrong topic dude. Post in the competitive thread. *shot*

I'm sorry. It had to be said. XD

Still unsure what to bring to the Elite Four. I nerfed my Quagsire and Sandslash to become HM slaves. Now what?
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Hmm, beat platinum for the 3rd time. 13 hours elite four record (first time) so far :<.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Can't... PAST... LANCE! (FREAKIN' GYRADOS!) Just wait until I get a Flying Pikachu with a Light Ball!
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Drag3ndz wrote:
Can't... PAST... LANCE! (FREAKIN' GYRADOS!) Just wait until I get a Flying Pikachu with a Light Ball!

Too bad that really does nothing against Gyrados.
Back to top Go down
Violet

Violet

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Troll wrote:
Drag3ndz wrote:

Too bad that really does nothing against Gyrados.

Well, the Surf one would be better, T-Bolt sweeping 1/2 of Lance's team.

No, he just needs to level Totodile a bit (Ice Fang) or just evolve the damn thing. Flying wouldn't even help against Bruno (Protect & Dig).

Get surf instead Drag3ndz.

Oh, beat Cynthia today, Curse killed Garchomp, highest level was 52 (leveled up from beating Roserade) so her pokemon were all 7-17 levels higher. Just another normal run for me. Now to get those last 5 pokemon for the national dex (Leafeon, Umbreon, Rotom, Manaphy [there's an in-game area I can see it], and Monferno [the only one I may need help with]).
EDIT: It's not even the levels that are that big a deal, it's the fact AIs are given perfect IVs to make up for their fail-usage, while mine (as mentioned earlier) are below crap.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Seriously no one posts in the competative thread.

I have about 4 surfing ones but I need a Pikachu that can defeat a Gyrados and use fly so my Togetic can learn a new Psychic move!

And I'm now trying to level up my Feraligatr.
Back to top Go down
Violet

Violet

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:26 pm

Drag3ndz wrote:
Seriously no one posts in the competative thread.

I have about 4 surfing ones but I need a Pikachu that can defeat a Gyrados and use fly so my Togetic can learn a new Psychic move!

And I'm now trying to level up my Feraligatr.

AGAIN, FLY WON'T HELP YOU. If anything, Gyrados is flying-water, how the crap will flying beat flying-water? A regular pikachu will do. Actually the surfing ones come with Thunderbolt which is PERFECT to taking care of Gyrados, use that instead. (It'll also take out those pesky Xatu assuming Pikachu doesn't die in one hit...which it will from under-level as I know personally from Gen II). Togetic with Extrasensory is fine btw, it's a GREAT psychic move for in-game in general. If you want, one of us can get you an extra Shiny Stone to make it a Togekiss (then take a heart scale to Blackthorn and teach it Air Slash...although yours has Hustle so...idk).
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:44 pm

QQ. Checked my chimchar IVs. 3 ATK and 8 SP.ATK. LOL ;-;. brb restart.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 pm

lolwut?

Ahh god damn it my Charmander missed out on learning Flame Thrower! Ahh well I'll make it learn Flame Thrower after it turns into a Charizard.
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:56 am

Drag3ndz wrote:
lolwut?

Ahh god damn it my Charmander missed out on learning Flame Thrower! Ahh well I'll make it learn Flame Thrower after it turns into a Charizard.

Poke Walker skips moves. Just train it normally until it's a decent level, then pokewalker it.
Back to top Go down
Violet

Violet

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Got National Dex in Platinum, also set up a few RNG abuse things, will continue later.

Also caught Rayquaza in Japanese Soul Silver (got the Kyogre from a friend who got it from the GTS)

EDIT: Also caught Latios. That's all the legendaries for HG/SS

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:49 pm

YES! YES! I got the Psychic TM! Took about a week of effort!

...Still have not beaten the Elite Four yet due to other games.
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Drag3ndz wrote:
YES! YES! I got the Psychic TM! Took about a week of effort!

...Still have not beaten the Elite Four yet due to other games.

You can get psychic at safforn city after beating the elite four for free... No prequests or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casual Pokemon thread!   Casual Pokemon thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Casual Pokemon thread!
Page 1 of 1