Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chronicles of Templaria: What media?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ShinyPuffy

ShinyPuffy

Male Posts : 145

Chronicles of Templaria: What media? Empty
PostSubject: Chronicles of Templaria: What media?   Chronicles of Templaria: What media? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:55 pm

I've taken a look at both medias, and here are my views:

Flash:

Pros:

We can customize everything to make it look exactly the way we want it to, and have everything act the way we want it to

Cons:

Unbelievably tedious and difficult

RPG Maker

Pros:

Ridiculously easy

Cons:

The game will take on a Final Fantasy-esque look, which I strongly dislike (and you should too)

Last edited by ShinyPuffy on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kiki.i

kiki.i

Female Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Templaria: What media?   Chronicles of Templaria: What media? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:32 pm

well, what's your goal right now? to be able to make the game, or to make it harder on yourself?
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
ShinyPuffy

ShinyPuffy

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Templaria: What media?   Chronicles of Templaria: What media? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:57 pm

kiki.i wrote:
well, what's your goal right now? to be able to make the game, or to make it harder on yourself?

Right now we're just trying to get everything straightened out. Using Flash will require additional, external help.

So....
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

Title : You do that again and I'm knocking you into next week.

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Templaria: What media?   Chronicles of Templaria: What media? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:08 pm

Well there are two types of bootleged RPG Makers: 2k and 2k3.

2000: Time-consuming aka No ATB Bar aka Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy I-III.

2003: ATB Bar aka Final Fantasy IV-IX.

And flash. You can make anything out of flash if you know how to script. Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
ShinyPuffy

ShinyPuffy

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Templaria: What media?   Chronicles of Templaria: What media? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:10 pm

After a little bit of research, I've concluded that the program Game Maker (8) will likely be our best shot at a chance of success.

Game Maker requires little previous knowledge, and doesn't necessitate advanced C++ or other programming techniques.

Also, it will allow us to custom-design the look of the world of Templaria.

Needless to say, it will take a good amount of work. Perseverance is mandatory.
Back to top Go down
Caruso

Caruso

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Templaria: What media?   Chronicles of Templaria: What media? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:13 pm

To Do List

-Photoshop
-Get Tablet
-Get flash
-Animate Walk Cycle
-Animate 5 second clip of attack
-Animate Special Attack
-Animate Cutscene
-Iron out story
-Begin Game Making
Back to top Go down
kiki.i

kiki.i

Female Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Templaria: What media?   Chronicles of Templaria: What media? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:11 am

i have photoshop, tablet, and flash on my laptop. i got flash and photoshop from randy, but i can lend you my tablet and the software that comes with it (AS LONG AS YOU GUYS KEEP IT IN GOOD SHAPE! Neutral )

oh, and i don't mind if you guys use my laptop, but it'd be nice if you guys come over to work on it/i bring my laptop over/we work on it during the day. (basically, i'm paranoid something'll happen to my laptop. i already broke a shift key, and although it LOOKS fixed, it enjoys telling me it ISN'T fixed by spazzing out a lot Neutral )

i'll also be willing to help out with the story, but having a basic plotline will GREATLY help Smile
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Templaria: What media?   Chronicles of Templaria: What media? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chronicles of Templaria: What media?
Page 1 of 1