Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

Title : You do that again and I'm knocking you into next week.

Male Posts : 140

Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Updated June 12, 2010

Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Pokemon_Black_and_White_US_Spring_2
Spoiler:

The first post will update on what we know about Pokemon Black and White.

Press Images
Spoiler:

Videos
05/18/10 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYRqX1fbeHY - Thanks to Kudo for the information.

Information
- This game is to be released on September in Japan.

- This game is to be released around Spring 2011 in America.

- Three starters confirmed in first photo. (From left to right)
... Tsutaja (ツタージャ), the Grass Snake Pokemon.
... Pokabu (ポカブ), the Fire Pig Pokemon
... Mijumaru (ミジュマル), the Sea Otter Pokemon

- Main characters will be older. On the second picture from left to right is the boy and the girl.

- All Pokemon will have animated battle sprites. It's preferably not for anyone who does not like separate-moving sprites but somewhat of a nice addition.

- You can sometimes your Pokemon's backs pending on the opponent's moves.

- Zororak is female. Zoura is a guy. (Unconfirmed)

- One of the cities is a clusterf*** skyscraper harbor where you see random people roaming around the streets. Yes they appear and disappear like how you would see on the street.

- Text box in battle is transparent.

- Two other legendary Pokemon have been revealed. Rashiram is the white one, Zekrom is the black one.

-Rashiram is a Fire Dragon type. Zekrom is a Thunder Dragon type. (Unconfirmed.)

More to come...

------------------------------------------------------
Screenshots

Taken from Serebii.net

Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Centre Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Town Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Bridge
Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Lookout Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Femaletrain Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Market
Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Male-field Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Cave Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) City
Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Raikouentei Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Raikouentei2 Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Raikouzoroark
Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Vszoroark Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Zoroarkzorua

Last edited by Drag3ndz on Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:12 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:58 pm

I rather have links to the site of where the screenshot was posted then the screenshot itself. qq.
Back to top Go down
ShinyPuffy

ShinyPuffy

Male Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:03 am

Graphics are amazing, especially when they take in that depth-of-field effect. I don't really like the battle scenes, though, the sprites get kind of pixelly when they're on your side. Still, in-world environment is great.
Back to top Go down
Violet

Violet

Male Posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Joy, over-sized sprites with a shadow.

But anything outside of battle is quite note-worthy for the DS (although remind me of a strange mix of Harvest moon & TWEWY graphics...don't ask how). The city & bridge look especially nice.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i

kiki.i

Female Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:10 pm

i heard the pokemon themselves (starters, etc) are gonna suck, but the graphics are definately a lot better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:32 am

kiki.i wrote:
i heard the pokemon themselves (starters, etc) are gonna suck, but the graphics are definately a lot better Very Happy

Heard? From who?

Look at them, they suck already.

Gay pig, dumb otter, and a grass lizard.

Looks stupid, we have a penguin already, generation 3 grass starter all over again.

Edit:
Graphics don't impress me. Still looks like Diamond and Pearl stuff. Oh, they added shadows. Big deal, just makes more of an eye sore.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i

kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:11 pm

>_> i was saying "i heard" because someone told me before i even bothered to look it up, sheesh.

when i was talking about "better graphics" i was referring to the 6th and 9th one (assuming that you're looking at it from left to right, top to bottom.)
and hey, i couldn't think properly last night, 'kay? so what if i exaggerated when i said "a lot?" >_>
Back to top Go down
ShinyPuffy

ShinyPuffy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Troll wrote:

Heard? From who?

Looks stupid, we have a penguin already, generation 3 grass starter all over again.

Edit:
Graphics don't impress me. Still looks like Diamond and Pearl stuff. Oh, they added shadows. Big deal, just makes more of an eye sore.

Off Topic
: Someone's in a bad mood. Want to talk about it?

On Topic
: I agree with you completely on the starters.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Meh, I'm okay with it. I'm thinking about that roasted pig if everyone is going for the grass starter.

And if your eye gets sore, I recommend getting a DSi XL.
Back to top Go down
ShinyPuffy

ShinyPuffy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Drag3ndz wrote:

Waste of money. Doesn't even fit in your pocket anymore.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i

kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:25 pm

i'd only want a ds-i xl if it had a gba slot and the triforce on it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Drag3ndz wrote:
Meh, I'm okay with it. I'm thinking about that roasted pig if everyone is going for the grass starter.

I meant the graphics itself are an eye sore. A DSi XL won't help considering the graphics are still the same.

ShinyPuffy wrote:
Troll wrote:

Heard? From who?

Edit:

Off Topic
: Someone's in a bad mood. Want to talk about it?

On Topic
: I agree with you completely on the starters.

Off topic: No, and no. I find it annoying how little things like shadows and people moving out of your way is "huge graphic changes". Or it's implied.

On topic:
Otter looks like a re colored Piplup. We all know that the grass starter is Treecko version 2. Fire pig is ironic, plus MapleStory came out with a fire boar 7 years ago.

kiki.i wrote:
>_> i was saying "i heard" because someone told me before i even bothered to look it up, sheesh.

when i was talking about "better graphics" i was referring to the 6th and 9th one (assuming that you're looking at it from left to right, top to bottom.)
and hey, i couldn't think properly last night, 'kay? so what if i exaggerated when i said "a lot?" >_>

Diamond and pearl standards still. Barely anything difference.
Back to top Go down
ShinyPuffy

ShinyPuffy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Spoiler:

Your choice of words says otherwise. You seemed awkwardly pissed, getting annoyed at things that shouldn't even annoy you, and besides, it's not just shadows. They've actually managed to go F-Zero, whereas Pokemon has traditionally always been adhered to one plane. This is a big step forward for the Pokemon games.
Back to top Go down
Violet

Violet

Male Posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:50 pm

OH HAY A VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYRqX1fbeHY

Anyway, it seems that the sprites look like shit because they have to make them MOVING (not just up and down with the same sprite like DPPtHGSS). So with a 3 sprite deal for introduction, another 4 for "movement" and then another 5 for when used on the player's side, and micro for the PC, it leads to a good 10-15 sprites a pokemon. That's a lot of freakin' sprites compared to the mere 6-9 for DPPtHGSS (especially since there's supposed to a be a whole generation of new pokemon behind this shit, so we'll say 100 more pokemon).

As for the buildings, almost all of DPPtHGSS is seen from the same angles, that same little box in the sky showing you your character, doesn't even rotate. (Which they could've easily put in if you take a little look at the celebi event). Shadows also mean they must match with the moving sprites, another extra tidbit. The reason it seems the same is because this is still the DS, same system, same color limit and size limitations (and no, they can't just go all final fantasy and put a boss on five separate layers to bypass this).

As for design in general on the starters...fire boar, this isn't MapleStory, your comment on that is as relevant as talking about Rumble Fighter in a conversation about pickles. The only real complaint I have is there's already Grumpig.

The water starter, I'll agree with, BUT it's not a recolor, more of a "replace the eyes a bit here, swap body & head, DONE" But it's ALREADY A DIFFERENT ANIMAL as you pointed out yourself (Otter =/ Penguin) so good enough. (aka, you can be sure it won't look like Empoleon when it evolves)

The grass starter...I wouldn't really say it's a treeko clone, it looks less like Treecko than what Turtwig looks like Bulbasaur. As a matter a fact, it's as close as what Chimchar is to Charmander. That's just me though :/
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:08 am

I have to agree with Violet. Knowing you as a competitor you should know that it's a sea otter, not a penguin. *shot*

If you honestly think 5th Gen is gonna suck, then you really don't have to put up with it. I have a hunch you will anyways.

Character not rotating? That's always been there.

Having the game to change angles is just going part-Resident Evil. Holding up as the camera turns around is just going to confuse the players when they stop and tap the up button again only to go to the direction based on the different camera angle.

Honestly, I think the fire pig is hilarious. Keep it. It has a spring as a tail like ALL THE OTHER PIG POKEMON, with a ball.

The grass snake? Ehh it's alright. I agree with Violet that it looks more like a newt. Keep it.

PFFFFT HAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, but that sea otter is just so... out of it! Looking at its face alone is adorable, but yeah they should have thought harder on the torso.

Yeah the 5th Gen Pokemon are disappointing, but only slightly to the casual Pokemon fans. Hardcores by now should know that it's not a great idea to copy what has been done. Thus the laws of originality is hitting us like C4s attached to the walls.
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:32 am

Violet wrote:
OH HAY A VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYRqX1fbeHY

Anyway, it seems that the sprites look like shit because they have to make them MOVING (not just up and down with the same sprite like DPPtHGSS). So with a 3 sprite deal for introduction, another 4 for "movement" and then another 5 for when used on the player's side, and micro for the PC, it leads to a good 10-15 sprites a pokemon. That's a lot of freakin' sprites compared to the mere 6-9 for DPPtHGSS (especially since there's supposed to a be a whole generation of new pokemon behind this shit, so we'll say 100 more pokemon).

As for the buildings, almost all of DPPtHGSS is seen from the same angles, that same little box in the sky showing you your character, doesn't even rotate. (Which they could've easily put in if you take a little look at the celebi event). Shadows also mean they must match with the moving sprites, another extra tidbit. The reason it seems the same is because this is still the DS, same system, same color limit and size limitations (and no, they can't just go all final fantasy and put a boss on five separate layers to bypass this).

As for design in general on the starters...fire boar, this isn't MapleStory, your comment on that is as relevant as talking about Rumble Fighter in a conversation about pickles. The only real complaint I have is there's already Grumpig.

The water starter, I'll agree with, BUT it's not a recolor, more of a "replace the eyes a bit here, swap body & head, DONE" But it's ALREADY A DIFFERENT ANIMAL as you pointed out yourself (Otter =/ Penguin) so good enough. (aka, you can be sure it won't look like Empoleon when it evolves)

The grass starter...I wouldn't really say it's a treeko clone, it looks less like Treecko than what Turtwig looks like Bulbasaur. As a matter a fact, it's as close as what Chimchar is to Charmander. That's just me though :/

Boar and pigs are similar creatures in terms of looks and a child's mind, so no it's not irrelevant. I was pointing it out because the idea was introduced 7 years ago if not earlier... Also the irony if the fire big (bacon). Water starter still looks like a damn recolor to me. Yes, different animal, but same general shape kind of makes it sort of a re-color. The grass starter is a gecko/lizard thing. It's Treecko version 2.

Also, no need to state the obvious (regarding the water starter). It's a damn recolor and you know it!
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:16 pm

THIS JUST IN!

Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Pokemon_Black_and_White_US_Spring_2

Pokemon Black and White has been announced to be released in America at the EST of Spring 2011. Also, two other legendary Pokemon have been revealed. Rashiram is the white one, Zekrom is the black one.

---

...I dunno I think Rashiram looks more ridiculous than Zekrom. Also, their names are a bit iffy.
Back to top Go down
ShinyPuffy

ShinyPuffy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Zekrom is definitely more badass than Reshiram, but one could only wonder what they represent.
Back to top Go down
Troll

Troll

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:21 am

ShinyPuffy wrote:
Zekrom is definitely more badass than Reshiram, but one could only wonder what they represent.

ORIGINS OF FUCKING COLORS.

Just watch. They ran out of natural shit.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Admin
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Troll wrote:
ORIGINS OF FUCKING COLORS.

Just watch. They ran out of natural shit.

Yeah... not that big of a deal.

Let's be honest: What is there left in the world that has not explored the questions of the unknown yet? We got flying robots in space, we got own-your-pet shows, and we got two plumbers running like ninnies defeating a turtle to get this one chick. There is nothing left for the humans to explore. except whatever idiocy happens on 4chan. Tell me: What else can they come up with? (Keep in mind that Japan hardly hire foreigners. They're that closed in at this point in this decade.)
Back to top Go down
ShinyPuffy

ShinyPuffy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:25 pm

The two Pokemon represent the Yin and Yang: eternal balance in a world otherwise dominated by chaos. Much like Groudon and Kyogre, except on a more galactic (...) scale. Both of them are probably the "Chaos Pokemon".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)   Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black and White (Pre-Released)
Page 1 of 1